UDC 622.234.42 © A.K. Omirgali, Kh.A. Yussupov, S.B. Aliev, E.Kh. Aben, D.K. Akhmetkhanov, 2022
ISSN 0041-5790 (Print) • ISSN 2412-8333 (Online) • Ugol’ – Russian Coal Journal, 2022, № 4, pp. 72-76
IMPROVING THE EFFICIENCY OF DENITRATION OF SORBENT SOLUTION IN URANIUM GEOTECHNOLOGY
Omirgali A.K.1, Yussupov Kh.A.1, Aliev S.B.2, Aben E.Kh.1, Akhmetkhanov D.K.1
1 K.I. Satbayev KazNRTU, Almaty, 050046, Republic of Kazakhstan
2 Research Institute of Comprehensive Exploitation of Mineral Resources of Russian Academy of Sciences (IPKON RAS), Moscow, 111020, Russian Federation
Omirgali A.K., Ph.D student, е-mail: email@example.com
Yussupov Kh. A., Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aliev S.B., Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor, Senior Researcher, е-mail: email@example.com
Aben E.Kh., PhD (Engineering), Associate professor, е-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Akmetkanov D.K., PhD (Engineering), Associate professor, е-mail: email@example.com
The use of the method of in-situ leaching in the development of uranium deposits in comparison with mining methods traditionally used earlier significantly reduces the damage caused to the environment. With in-situ leaching, the productive solution pumped out of the well undergoes the stages of sorption and desorption, while nitrates are used for desorption. To reuse sorbents after desorption, it is necessary to remove nitrates with a solution with an increased concentration of acid. The analysis of the denitration results, even with an increased concentration of sulfuric acid, showed a low degree of denitration. This leads to deterioration of the sorption properties of the resin for uranium, loss of nitrate ions and, as a consequence, increased consumption of ammonium nitrate and sulfuric acid. Therefore, the technology of activation of the washing solution was proposed. The article presents the results of laboratory studies on denitration (washing) of a synthetic ion-exchange sorbent using an activated solution on a model installation. To compare the results obtained, industrial tests were carried out, for which a pilot plant for activating the solution was manufactured. If in laboratory conditions the increase in the degree of denitration was 17-33,7%, then in pilot tests - 7%.
In-situ leaching, Synthetic ion exchange sorbent, Denitration, Nitrate ions, Activation, Ion exchange resin, Sorption, Desorption.
1. Golik V.I. & Kultyshev V.I. History and prospects of uranium leaching. Mining information and analytical bulletin, 2011, (7), pp. 138-143. (In Russ).
2. Yusupov H., Aben E., Omirgali A. & Rakhmanberdiy A. Analysis of the denitration process in the context of underground borehole leaching of uranium. Development of mineral deposits, 2021, Vol. 15, (1), pp. 127-133.
3. Levshenkov V.N. On the issue of control and automatic control of the process of uranium desorption. In collection of articles: Innovative directions of development in education, economics, engineering and technology. Stavropol, 2016. pp. 297-302. (In Russ).
4. Berdaliev B.A. Improving the efficiency of the uranium mining enterprise on the basis of modeling and optimization of the processes of extraction and processing of productive solutions. Mining information and analytical bulletin, 2018, (2), pp. 208-214. (In Russ).
5. Burdzieva O.G., Zaalishvili V.B., Beriev O.G., Kanukov A.S. & Maysuradze M.V. The impact of the mining industry on the environment in the territory of North Ossetia. International Journal GEOMATE. 2016. (10), pp. 1693-1697.
6. Mottahedi A., Atai M. Fuzzy analysis of the fault tree to determine the probability of a coal explosion during underground coal mining. Tunneling and underground space technologies, 2019, (83), pp.165-174.
7. Shakirova V.V., Sadomtseva O.S., Elina V.V., Blokhina E.V., Tsaplin D.E. & Beisova R.N. Experimental study of sorption of some heavy metal ions on natural materials. Approbation, 2014, (8), pp. 60-62. (In Russ).
8. Yahya H., Abbas H., Syed S. S., Gulzar H., Gulraiz F. & Muhammad S. Stabilization of hydrogen peroxide used as an oxidizer when leaching uranium in situ from arkose sandstone. Journal of the Chemical Society of Pakistan, 2011, Vol. 4, (33), pp. 474-480
9. Mongush G.R. Application of biotechnology for processing mineral deposits of Tuva. New studies of Tuva, 2010, (1), pp. 228-242. (In Russ).
10. Kim P.P., Peretrutov A.A., Kim V.P. & Komarov V.A. Denitration of spent sulfuric acid. Chemical industry today, 2013, (8), pp. 9-10. (In Russ).
11. Aben E.H., Rustemov S.T., G. Bakhmagambetova.B. & Akhmetkhanov D. Enhanced metal extraction based on activation of a leaching solution. Mining Information and Analytical Bulletin, 2019, (12), pp. 169-179. (In Russ).
12. Duisebaev B.O., Kopbaeva M.N., Panova E.N., Smilov E.K. & Kantbekuly M. Intensification of the process of underground borehole leaching of uranium based on the creation of a modular processing complex. Chemical industry, 2008, Vol. 85, (5), pp. 256-261. (In Russ).
13. Yusupov Kh.A., Omirgali A.K., Aben H.H. Application of mechanical activation of sorbent washing solution during borehole leaching of uranium. Mining Journal of Kazakhstan, 2020, (9), pp. 6-9. (In Russ).
14. Ashirbekov I.A., Abdullaev A.N., Kholikov A.M. & Yunusov B.A. On the dynamics of cavitation flows and the methodology for calculating the onset of cavitation in hydrodynamic systems / Actual issues of agricultural science development in modern economic conditions. materials of the ivth International Scientific and Practical Conference of Young Scientists, 2015. pp. 136-138. (In Russ).
15. Yusupov H.A., Omirgali A.K., Aben Kh.Kh. & Rakhmanberdiev A.G. Problems of washing sorbents during processing of uranium ore / Materials of the IV International Scientific and Practical Conference. Ivano-Frankivsk, 2020, April 1-3, pp.115.
Omirgali A.K., Yussupov Kh.A., Aliev S.B., Aben E.Kh. & Akhmetkhanov D.K. Improving the efficiency of denitration of sorbent solution in uranium geotechnology. Ugol’, 2022, (4), pp. 72-76. (In Russ.). DOI: 10.18796/0041-5790-2022-4-72-76.
Received December 20, 2021
Reviewed January 15, 2022
Accepted March 22, 2022